Collision Reporting Centres

I’ve been involved in a collision, what do I do?

  1. If there are any injuries or the situation is unsafe, call 9-1-1 once it is safe to do so.
  2. Exchange driver information, if you are able, take photos of the vehicles and scene.
  3. Report the collision with as much detail at the nearest Collision Reporting Centre.


Collision Reporting Centre (CRC) Locations
11 DivisionShoppers WorldHeadquarters
11 Division Collision Reporting Centre Shoppers World Collision Reporting Centre Headquarters Collision Reporting Centre

Peel Regional Police 11 Division
3030 Erin Mills Pkwy Mississauga, L5N8M5


Hours of Operation
7 days a week 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Closed on Holidays.

Shoppers World Brampton 
499 Main St. S Unit 189A Brampton L6Y 1N7
(Mill Street entrance – north/west corner)


Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. 
Weekends & Holidays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Peel Regional Police Headquarters
7150 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga L6Y 1N7


Hours of Operation

Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. 


At the Scene

If it is safe to do so, remove your vehicle from the roadway.

  • Exchange information with the other involved driver/parties, including independent witnesses.
  • Obtain names, address, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle information, including plate number.
  • As soon as possible, go to the Collision Reporting Centre with your vehicle. If your vehicle is drivable you have 48 hours to report your collision. If your vehicle is disabled and need a tow, the tow company will transport you and your vehicle to the Collision Reporting Centre directly from the scene.


The Collision Reporting Centre can be used to process collisions that do not fall into one of the categories below. In these circumstances, police will need to respond and investigate the collision:
(Note: you may be referred to the CRC at the officer’s discretion despite these exceptions.)

  1. Significant injuries or fatal injuries;
  2. Damage to property that presents a safety concern;
  3. Collisions involving criminal activity, suspended drivers or vehicles being operated without insurance;
  4. Collisions causing very significant traffic blockages (after blockage is clear attending officer may direct to CRC);
  5. Fail to remains where suspect vehicle is identifiable and in the area;
  6. Involving federal, municipal, provincial vehicles (including MiWay and Brampton Transit buses);
  7. Hazardous or dangerous goods are being transported.

During business hours, vehicles requiring a tow from the scene MUST BE towed directly to the Collision Reporting Centre.

During non-business hours, vehicle can be towed to location of your choice (i.e. your home). You have 48 hours to attend the Collision Reporting Centre with your vehicle. You can also attend any operational ASSI Collision Reporting Centre locations

At the Collision Centre

Upon arrival at the centre, drivers are greeted by a member of Accident Support Services staff. The staff:

  • provides help to complete the police report,
  • applies the “Damage Reported to Police” sticker,
  • photographs the damage to the vehicle, and,
  • offers the customer the opportunity to contact family, insurance company directly from the Centres.

Frequently Asked Questions

 What is a Collision Reporting Centre?
A Collision Reporting Centre is a facility where the public in Peel Region report traffic collisions. The Highway Traffic Act requires that all collisions where persons are injured, where damage exceeds a combined value of $2,000.00, or where there is damage to highway property, MUST be reported to police forthwith.
 When should a driver report a collision at a Collision Reporting Centre (Exceptions list)?

Exceptions list

Report a collision to a Collision Reporting Centre providing it does not involve:

  • Personal injury or death;
  • Any criminal activity, such as an impaired driver, stolen vehicles, assaults
  • A vehicle transporting dangerous goods;
  • A person who's drivers license is suspended or is not insured;
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property;
  • A pedestrian or cyclist;
  • An uncooperative driver.
If any of the above circumstances exist, an officer should attend the scene. Call 9-1-1 for emergencies, or 905-453-3311 for non-emergency situations.
 What do I do if I’m involved in a collision?
Steps to be taken by all drivers involved in a collision before attending the Collision Reporting Centre:
  1. Check the “exception list” to determine if police presence is required at the scene. If it is not, proceed to step 2.
  2. If it is safe to do so, remove vehicle from the roadway.
  3. Exchange information with the other involved parties, including independent witnesses. Obtain names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance and vehicle particulars, including licence plate numbers.
  4. As soon as possible, attend with your vehicle at the Collision Reporting Centre. If your vehicle is drivable, you must report your accident at the Collision Reporting Centre forthwith.
  5. Bring your documentation with you to the Collision Reporting Centre, i.e. driver’s licence, ownership and insurance. The driver must attend with the vehicle.
 What do I do if I need a tow?
You are entitled to have any tow company you wish to tow your vehicle. If you require a tow company, please consider using one of our contracted tows,, You are not obligated to use these companies. If there is another tow company that you are comfortable with, then you are free to use them or any other company of your choosing.
Under the City of Brampton (or Mississauga) By-Law services, all tow companies must provide you with an authorization to tow your vehicle form. This form must be filled out and contains information of the towing company and its driver. A copy of this form must be supplied to you and presented to the Collision Reporting Centre staff upon arrival at the Collision Reporting Centre.
 What if the damages are under $2,000?

You do not need a police report. Simply report the details of the collision to your insurance company.

If the estimated damage is over $2,000 but your vehicle is safe to drive, you may drive the vehicle yourself to a Collision Reporting Centre to make a report.

If attending a Collision Reporting Centre to make a report, you must attend no later than the 48 hours after the collision. If you are unable to attend within this timeframe, 
can I send someone in my place to complete the report? (Spouse, friend, parent, etc.)
No, the driver of the vehicle must complete the collision report.

 Can my passenger be a witness?
A passenger is not generally classified as a witness, rather they are normally classified as an involved person. The witness in a collision is normally an independent person(s) who has observed the collision event. However, it is advisable for passengers to record their observations for future reference.
 Can I report over the phone or online?
No. A collision report is a legal document that requires the firsthand information from the driver involved and generally includes the driver’s statement and signature. The damage to the vehicle must be viewed and recorded.
 How long does the reporting process take?
Typically you should allow about 15-20 minutes once you arrive. In inclement weather it can take longer dependent on demand.
 What should I bring with me when I report?
Ideally both parties should attend at the same time to speed the process. We will need to view the vehicle that was damaged; your driver's license, vehicle permit (ownership) and insurance slip. If there is a witness, their contact information is important. 
 What should I expect once I get to a Collision Reporting Centre?
A representative will examine your license, permit and insurance information for validity. The representative will enter your portion of the report into a computer. After viewing your damage, a photograph of the damaged area will be taken to confirm the damage. You will receive a card with the officer's name and an incident number. You will need that when you report the collision to your insurer. 
 Does a Collision Reporting Centre take Hit and Run reports?
Hit and Runs incidents can be reported at a Collision Reporting Centre. However, a police officer will be dispatched to the scene if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision. 

Contact Us