If this is an emergency and you need a police officer, please call 9-1-1 immediately. Reports by email, texting or social media are not accepted as they're not monitored 24/7.

male hands typing on computer keyboard

Online Reporting Requirements

To use our online reporting system:

  • The incident must have occurred within the Region of Peel.
  • The value of the property lost or stolen must not exceed $5,000.
  • You must have a valid email address.
  • The incident does not involve lost or stolen licence plates or stolen passports.
  • There is no suspect information (e.g., name, licence plate, photo). If you have a suspect, (e.g., name, licence plate, photo) contact Police at 905-453-3311.

Not all reports can be made online. Some incidents require in-person reporting.

What Can Be Reported Online

There are a variety of things that can be reported online ranging from damage to property through to a theft from a vehicle. Once you submit a report online you will receive an e-mail with a report occurrence number for reference.

  Report Online 

Damage to Property

When public or private property has been changed, modified or defaced. Some examples are:
  • writing graffiti on walls
  • breaking windows
  • egging

Damage to Vehicle

Non-collision motor vehicle damage or vandalization. Some examples are:
  • defacing vehicle
  • scratching/keying
  • egging
  • breaking window(s)
  • denting
  • breaking light(s)
  • slashing tire(s), etc.

Driving Complaint – ROAD WATCH©

The ROAD WATCH program is a community initiative that gives residents and visitors an opportunity to report dangerous and aggressive drivers to police. Some examples are:

  • Unsafe lane changes at excessive speeds.
  • Failure to yield to pedestrians.
  • Running stop signs/red lights.
  • Failure to stop for school buses.

Lost Property

When property is missing or lost. See In-person reporting for lost vehicles, licence plates, or passports. Some examples are:

  • lost keys
  • cell phone
  • GPS
  • jewellery
  • laptops
  • tools
  • briefcases
  • government issued identification (drivers licence, Social Insurance Number (SIN) card, health card)

Supplemental Report (Follow-Up Report)

When a report has already been filed, but you need to update the list of property.


When property is taken without your permission. Property known to be stolen should be reported, but lost property is not a theft.
  • If the item was stolen from your house, hotel room, garage or shed, as a result of the suspect being there with your permission, (e.g., babysitter, house guest), this is theft and you can report it online.
  • If the item was stolen from your house, hotel room, garage or shed, as a result of the suspect being there unlawfully, without your permission, or forcing their way in, you can't report this online. Contact police as this is a Break and Enter report.

Theft From Vehicle

When property is stolen from your personal or business vehicle.

Note: If you had property stolen from more than one vehicle, then you must enter a separate report for each vehicle.

In-Person Reporting

female filling out form with employee

  • Reports for lost or stolen licence plates must be reported to Police in person. View map of the Region of Peel.
  • Reports for stolen passports must be reported to Police in person. If you have lost your Canadian Passports in Canada, you must report it to Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Passport Program. The report needs to be submitted by phone at 1-800-567-6868, or in person at the nearest Service Canada Passport Office.
  • If the value of the property, lost or stolen, exceeds $5,000 contact our Non-Emergency Line.
  • If the incident took place outside the Region of Peel, call the police service in the location where the incident took place.
  • If there is more than one victim, contact our Non-Emergency Line (e.g., your wallet was stolen which also contained your child's library card).

Contact Us

Events Calendar

Loading Calendar Feed...