T.T.Y. Line

Accessibility for Persons with Hearing Loss

  • A person with hearing loss can call for police service as follows:Emergency calls can be made from a T.T.Y. by calling 9-1-1 and pressing the space bar until you receive a responseNon-emergency calls can be made to our T.T.Y. Line (905) 451-1196 which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Accommodation requests for ASL interpreter service can be made to any police officer.  Anytime an accommodation request has been made, every effort shall be made to facilitate the request.
  • Where interpreter services are provided, they shall be provided free of charge.